A new initiative to support new organisers by matching mentor-ship by experienced organisers.
For skilled people: allows you to scale and/or replicate your skills to increase your influence in climate action.
For new organisers: gain the confidence to deploy your own actions or set up your own local group, campaign, organisation by filling in the gaps in your skill set.
- Recruit a sample group of mentors to help refine questionnaire and expectations
- Call out to people with skills willing to mentor and ask them to complete a form
- Manually sort them (me and any volunteers. 1 so far)
- Once we have a sizeable number we call out to networks to let people know they can apply for mentorship
- People requesting mentorship apply
- We manually match people. Then we forward the application to the mentor.
- The mentor replies and confidentially declines the request or replies that they will contact their mentee to start the relationship.
- After the prototype is working, we upgrade systems.
Proposed Mentor form
How are you able to provide mentorship?
- in person
- video conference
Where are you located?
How much time per week do you have to gift (on average)?
Describe your ideal mentee/mentee relationship?
Proposed Mentee application
What project do you need help with?
Why should a busy mentor make time for you?
What skills/experience do you need:
300 words (plus check box)
- Community organising
- Aboriginal community
- Media and comms
- Digital + Social media
- Design and marketing
- NVDA planning
- NVDA odd jobs
- Setting up and managing a camp
- Facilitation and effective meetings
- Safer spaces
- NFP/organisation setup